12 Reasons Why Dolly Parton is the Best Gay Icon Ever
It’s Dolly Parton’s birthday, y’all!
The musician, actress and all around fabulous country diva is turning 71 years old today. We absolutely love Dolly and think she is the best icon our community has. Want proof? Here are 12 reasons to back this rather intense claim up.
12. Like a true diva, she always looks fabulous and never wears the same outfit twice.
11. Her character in Steel Magnolias is everything we want to be in life.
10. Straight Talk and Rhinestone are our favorite guilty pleasures.
9. But we can all agree that 9 to 5 really is the best film ever, right?
8. She is the godmother to Miley Cyrus, a baby gay icon.
7. Her Twitter gives us all the inspirational feels.
When I’m feeling a little low, I put on my favorite high heels to stand a little taller. #dollyism
— Dolly Parton (@DollyParton) January 6, 2017
6. Her song lyrics often include messages of acceptance and tolerance.
5. She’s been vocal in her support of the LGBTQ community for years.
4. Even helping her own family members come out of the closet.
3. There was that one incident at Dollywood, but she made it right by apologizing like a true queen.
2. She loves that drag queens dress up as her; admitting that “sometimes some of them look more like me than I do.”
1. And of course, that voice.
We love you, Dolly!
Read more stories by just signing up
or Download the App to read the latest stories