On Friday, a Mass Ritual Will Attempt to Bind Donald Trump from Doing Harm
Hey, sometimes the normal channels of American government just don’t work fast enough! This Friday, Feb. 24 at midnight ET—and on every waning crescent moon until our current POTUS is removed from office—witches and other magical persons are attempting a mass ritual to bind Donald Trump from doing any further harm to the nation.
This spell to bind Trump—à la Nancy in The Craft, for those not so magically inclined— was allegedly created “by a member of a private magical order who wishes to remain anonymous,” and while it appears to be ‘the real deal,’ many are approaching it as if it’s a mass art project, or yet another project to raise consciousness of the dangers Trump is wreaking on society. Apparently there’s now even a Facebook page, facebook.com/bindtrump, where those participating in the mass ritual can share suggestions and variations on what they’ll be doing to participate.
The spell notes that it’s open-source, meaning it can be modified “to fit your preferred spiritual practice or magical system,” though what’s critical is that everyone participate at the same time (midnight EST, presumably chosen because it’s the time zone of Washingrton, D.C.; Mar-a-Lago and Trump Tower in Manhattan) and the “mass energy of participants.”
According to the story we found, some covens across the country (world?) will be doing a variation of this binding spell, while other solitary practitioners will be livestreaming their efforts via Facebook and other social media.
- Unflattering photo of Trump (small)
- Tower tarot card (from any deck)
- Tiny stub of an orange candle (cheap via Amazon)
- Pin or small nail (to inscribe candle)
- White candle (any size), representing the element of Fire
- Small bowl of water, representing elemental Water
- Small bowl of salt, representing elemental Earth
- Feather (any), representing the element of Air
- Matches or lighter
- Ashtray or dish of sand
- Piece of pyrite (fool’s gold)
- Black thread (for traditional binding variant)
- Baby carrot (as substitute for orange candle stub)
- Write “Donald J. Trump” on the orange candle stub with a pin or nail
- Arrange other items in a pleasing circle in front of you
- Lean the Tower card against something so that it’s standing up (vertically)
- Say a prayer for protection and invoke blessing from your preferred spirit or deity. Reading the 23rd Psalm aloud is common in Hoodoo/Conjure/Rootwork traditions. Experienced magicians may perform an appropriate banishing ritual.
(Light white candle)
Hear me, oh spirits
Of Water, Earth, Fire, and Air
Demons of the infernal realms
And spirits of the ancestors
(Light inscribed orange candle stub)
I call upon you
Donald J. Trump
So that he may fail utterly
That he may do no harm
To any human soul
Nor any tree
Bind him so that he shall not break our polity
Usurp our liberty
Or fill our minds with hate, confusion, fear, or despair
And bind, too,
All those who enable his wickedness
And those whose mouths speak his poisonous lies
I beseech thee, spirits, bind all of them
As with chains of iron
Bind their malicious tongues
Strike down their towers of vanity
(Invert Tower tarot card)
I beseech thee in my name
(Say your full name)
In the name of all who walk
Crawl, swim, or fly
Of all the trees, the forests,
Rivers and seas
In the name of Justice
Bind them in chains
Bind their tongues
Bind their works
Bind their wickedness
(Light the small photo of Trump from the flame of the orange candle stub and hold carefully above the ashtray)
(Speak the following loudly and with increasing passion as the photo burns to ashes)
So mote it be!
So mote it be!
So mote it be!
(Blow out orange candle, visualizing Trump blowing apart into dust or ash*)
(Pinch or snuff out the white candle, ending the ritual)
Dates of future waning crescent moons include March 26, April 24, May 23, June 21 (the summer solstice), July 21 and Aug. 19.
Will it work? Who knows?
But how amazing is it that communities of all stripes are now fully woke and coming together to say “no more!”