Michele Bachmann has signed her name to a controversial document orbiting the upcoming Iowa caucus. And by controversial, we mean riddled with straight up lies.
The document, titled The Marriage Vow – A Declaration of Dependence Upon Marriage and FAMiLY [sic] PDF, basically says marriage is good, gays are bad, and so are porn and Islam. Let’s call a spade a spade.
Think Progress points to some of the greatest hits:
– HOMOSEXUALITY IS LIKE POLYGAMY, ADULTERY, POLYANDRY: Vow 4 requires the candidate to pledge “Vigorous opposition to any redefinition of the Institution of Marriage…through statutory, bureaucratic, or court-imposed recognition of intimate unions which are bigamous, polygamous, polyandrous, same-sex.”
– HOMOSEXUALITY IS A PUBLIC HEALTH RISK: Footnote 4 claims that homosexuality causes shorter life expectancy and a higher probability of a long list of sexually transmitted diseases. The Leader has previously compared same-sex marriage to second-hand smoking.
– SEX IS BETTER AFTER MARRIAGE: Vow 5 requires the candidate to support the notion that “married people enjoy better health, better sex.”
– PORNOGRAPHY SHOULD BE BANNED: Vow 9 stipulates that the candidate must “support human protection of women and the innocent fruit of conjugal intimacy” and protect them from “seduction into promiscuity and all forms of pornography…and other types of coercion or stolen innocence.”
– REJECT SHARIA ISLAM: Vow 11 requires the candidate to reject Sharia law.
We are most troubled by a little somethin’-somethin’ hiding down in the footnotes.
“No peer-reviewed empirical science or rational demonstration has ever definitively proven, nor even has shown and overwhelming probability, that homosexual preference or behavior is irresistible as a function of genetic determinism or other forms of fatalism.
It goes on and on, but the basic idea here is that homosexuality is both a choice and a public health crisis. Neither of which are true. And in a case of complete and total Opposite Day shenanigans, every single medical, psychological and psychiatric organization in America has stated the reverse. But hey, you already knew that.
It’s frankly appalling that this document even exists in 2011. The fact that a potential presidential candidate has sign the thing is just insane. But hey, you knew that too.
The countdown is on until this makes Anderson Cooper’s Ridiculist.
Read more stories by just signing up
or Download the App to read the latest stories