Even though she was a labeled a “booger,” I was still rooting for Shangela on her first (well, second actually) season of RuPaul’s Drag Race. Rumor has it she was invited back for All Stars 2 but wasn’t allowed to participate because of a contract with another network.
So when Mamma Ru announced the cast for this season of All Stars, we weren’t surprised at all to see her among the roster of fierce queens preparing to battle.
And battle did she ever! Shangela Stormborn, Mother of Dragons and Breaker of Chains, came for the All Stars 3 crown with a vengeance. From an incredible Snatch Game performance to a controversial fat suit lip sync, Shangela popped out of a box this year and proved that she could deliver.
Here are 10 reasons why Shangela should win the All Stars 3 crown:
1. Shangela entered the workroom proving that you can be Team Talent and Team Look all in one package.
2. That Mariah Carey performance was not only good material, but good material fantastically performed.
3. Her Snatch Game was one of the best we’ve ever seen on Drag Race.
4. She also proved she had some tricks up her corset when it came to her lip sync performances.
5. Shangela had no problem calling out Trixie Mattel on some shady behavior…
6. But Shangela proved she can do the right thing when she kept her in the competition.
7. Her Game of Thrones references never failed to make us laugh.
8. Her performance in the acting challenge was pitch perfect from beginning to end.
9. And while her fat suit lip sync cause some conflict, it really was genius.
10. But most of all, Shangela showed how much she has grown since her very first time on the show, proving that even the first girl sent home packing can be an All Star.
Don’t forget to read our other lists for Kennedy Davenport, Trixie Mattel and Bebe Zahara Benet.
Featured image by Matthew Parker