Shea Couleé is one of the most winningest queens in the her-story of RuPaul’s Drag Race. Only two other queens have ever won four challenges during their season (Season 4’s Sharon Needles andAll-Stars 2’s Alaska Thunderfuck), and we know how they ended up — they snatched the crowns, darlings. Coulee may shantay the same way.
Shea says her drag “exemplifies black excellence,” and we don’t doubt it — she’s really the complete package. Her runway looks have consistently pushed the boundaries of fashion and glamor, and she’s a talented performer, whether it’s hamming it up or turning it out onstage.
Couleé has said, “Chicago drag is the motherfucking bomb.com… That’s right, bitch, it’s got it’s own domain!” And that’s her real charm — she makes killer drag look easy.
She’s also been good humored and grounded throughout the competition, never sinking into pettiness. She’s a true queen who’ll rock that crown just like she’s rocked the runway all season long.
Here are 13 reasons why Shea deserves to win the crown:
1. She’s friendly, accommodating and fun at work.
2. She rocks each and every look like pure glamour.
3. The girl can dance — remember her killer turn as Black Chyna?
4. She does a pretty good Naomi Campbell imitation too.
5. And she’s hilarious, like when she played Grandrea Zuckerwoman in 9021-HO!
6. She gets “club kid couture” and is willing to hot glue her own face.
7. She can also knock a lip-synch right the fuck out.
8. She doesn’t let her drag sisters get away with rookie mistakes.
9. Her friendship with Sasha Velour is a model for drag sisterhood.
10. She’s always willing to try new things… like kung-fu (sort of).
11. She is sexy and playful — a perfect combo for a reigning queen.
12. She rocks do-it-yourself street couture and banjee girl glam.
13. And she makes it all look effortless!
Before we head into the finale of RuPaul’s Drag Race season nine, we’re compiling the top reasons why each queen deserves the coveted crown! Read our other lists for Peppermint, Sasha Velour and Trinity Taylor.
Featured image via Lipstick City