When Trinity Taylor entered the workroom at the start of RuPaul’s Drag Race Season 9, she boldly announced, “The body is here, bitches!”… and what a body it has turned out to be!
She often cracks about other queens needing to go home, but then she backs it up with solid looks and performances that have landed her three wins and a spot in the final four.
Though she has taken to drag like a starfish to water, she hasn’t had an easy road. She dropped out of high school to care for her dying grandmother, the very woman who raised her after her mom died. Taylor has also admitted that in her early 20s, she (like so many other aspiring young performers) often had to decide between paying the rent or buying a new gown.
We don’t know which one she chose, but she made it here, didn’t she?
Since then, Taylor has spent nearly 14 years working on her moves, makeup, costumes and, of course, her killer tuck. Her tuck is so intense that Trinity Taylor fans proudly proclaim themselves as #TeamTuck.
And let’s be honest: She makes good TV. She’s opinionated, outspoken, unafraid to call out shade or spill steaming hot tea. Without her, Season 9 just wouldn’t have been as much fun.
Here are 10 reasons why Trinity deserves to win the crown:
1. She always brings unexpected artistry.
2. She isn’t afraid to explore her deliciously dark side.
3. She totally nails her looks (including her Madonna look when she showed up Nina).
4. She’s a comedy queen who was funny as Sister Mary Koont…
5. … hilariously creative as Princess Aquapussy…
6. … and ri-goddamn-diculous as Nelly’s mom in 9021-HO!
7. She absolutely slayed her one and only lip-sync against Charlie Hides.
8. She also did what it took to ace the drag sister challenge!
9. Her venereal disease for “club kid couture” was hella fun and original.
10. And even though she’s fierce, she’s also secretly a sweetheart.
Before we head into the finale of RuPaul’s Drag Race season nine, we’re compiling the top reasons why each queen deserves the coveted crown! Read our other lists for Peppermint, Shea Coulee and Sasha Velour.
(Featured image via Ericka Wagner, The Drag Photographer)
Read more stories by just signing up
or Download the App to read the latest stories