What is profile verification?
Profile verification provides an opportunity for you to show other users that you are the person in your photos. To verify your profile, you will need to take a photo that will be compared to your profile photos by our team. Features like Profile Verification help to establish trust and authenticity among users. By verifying their profiles, users can confirm that they’re genuinely who they claim to be, so we appreciate your support in keeping Hornet a safer space to meet new people!
How do I verify my profile?
To verify your profile, you must take the following actions:
- Open Hornet and go to your profile.
- Tap the grey checkmark next to your display name or the “Get Verified” button.
- Read the instructions carefully, copy the pose exactly, and take a selfie.
- If you haven’t yet, grant Hornet access to your camera.
- Press Submit.
It can take up to 24 hours to process your Profile Verification request. Once approved, we’ll let you know and add a verified checkmark to your profile.
Why was my verification submission rejected?
Here are some common reasons for this:
- The pose in the example is not copied.
- Your face is blocked or obscured.
- The photo is not clear enough.
- The person in the photo does not match the person in the profile picture.
- We could not find any profile photos with your face to cross-reference with your submission.
Can I lose my profile verification?
If you remove all your public photos from your profile, we will notify you that your verification status has been revoked. However, there’s no need to worry; you can always submit a new verification request. Just remember that to request Profile Verification, you must have profile photos where your face is clearly visible.
If you experience troubles with profile verification and need our support, please email email@example.com.