If your location does not update or is inaccurate, please follow the instructions below:
- On your phone, go to Settings, then "Connections" or "Advanced Settings"
- Find "Location", and make sure your location mode you have turned on - "high accuracy" mode is best, with "battery saver" the next best choice; "device only" is not recommended, as this only uses GPS which only works outside
- Wifi should also be turned on (even if you’re not connected to a network, it helps your GPS get a more accurate location)
If you follow these steps and are still having problems, then:
- Go to your phone "Settings”
- Go to "Apps”
- Tap “Hornet" in the the "All apps" section
- Tap the "Storage" and then "Clear cache" button
- Then go back, click the "Force stop" button and confirm
If that doesn't work, please follow the steps below:
- Uninstall Hornet
- Turn off your device (do not skip this step!)
- Wait a while and turn your device back on
- Reinstall Hornet from the Play Store
If your location does not update or is inaccurate, first you need to check if location services are enabled properly.
- On your phone, go to "Settings" > "Privacy" > "Location Services" and tap "Hornet"
- Make sure Location Services is enabled for Hornet
- Enabling Wi-Fi (even when not connected to a network) will help your GPS get a more accurate location
If your location does not update or is inaccurate, first you need to check if location services are properly enabled. The following steps are specific for Google Chrome.
- Open Google Maps and Hornet on two different tabs
- In the lower-right corner of Google Maps, click on “Show Your Location”. If the website asks to know your location, click on “Allow”
- The blue dot shows you where you are. Confirm if that this is your actual location
- Try to access Hornet again if the location is correct and click on “Use my current location”
- If your location is still inaccurate, in the address bar, click on the lock icon. The “Settings” will appear.
- Find the "Location" option and select "Always allow on this site"
- Refresh the page so the changes will be applied
If even after performing the above procedures your location is still wrong, here's what you can try:
- Update your browser
- Make sure your Internet connection is working
- Restart the computer
If you cannot find a solution in our FAQ, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. It is important that you include your Account ID in the email, so that we can trace your account. Your Account ID is on your profile and begins with the ‘@’ symbol.